(Photo Credits: Screengrab from Adele’s Official YouTube Account)
Adele has dropped her much-anticipated fourth studio album recently. Titled 30, Adele’s new album was released on 19 November 2021 by Melted Stone and Columbia Records. It contained 12 tracks although the Target and the Japanese limited edition have three additional bonus tracks.
For The Telegraph (UK), 30 is Adele’s“strongest album.” They described it as “a work of catharsis, therapy and succour.” They added, “It does what pop music is greatest at: gathering up emotions, focusing them and pouring them out to songs that everybody can sing, but few can sing quite as well as Adele.”
Meanwhile, Rolling Stone’s Rob Sheffield said of 30: “Adele has never sounded more ferocious than she does on ’30’—more alive to her own feelings, more virtuosic at shaping them into songs in the key of her own damn life.” He concluded, “It’s her toughest, most powerful album yet.”
Anyway, did you already listen to it? If you did already, how did you find Adele’s new album, guys? Please share with us your thoughts on the comments section below. As for us, of course we already listened to it! Here are our favorites:
- Can I get It? – this song talks about wanting to be involved in a real relationship, not one that revolves around casual sex only. Adele co-wrote the song with Shellback and Max Martin.
- Cry Your Heart Out – this song is all about, well, crying when you need to, because it’s okay to feel what you feel, and when all is said and done, we emerge from our depression and problems stronger. Adele sings: Cry your heart out, it’ll clean your face/When you’re in doubt, go at your own pace.
- Easy on me – the album’s lead single was released on 15 October 2021. It topped the US Billboard Hot 100 charts, broke the world record for the most streamed song in 24 hours, with 24 million streams, unseating BTS’s song “Butter” that previously hold the said record.
- I Drink Wine – During one of her interviews with Rolling Stone magazine, Adele said that the single is “about shedding one’s ego, complete with a bit of a Seventies Elton John and Bernie Taupin flair.”
I took everything so personally at that period of time in my life, so the lyric ‘I hope I learn to get over myself’ is like [me saying] ‘Once I’ve done that, then maybe I can let you love me.’
Adele sings: How can one become so bounded by choices that somebody else makes?/How come we’ve both become a version of a person we don’t even like?/We’re in love with the world, but the world just wants to bring us down/By puttin’ ideas in our heads that corrupt our hearts somehow/When I was a child, every single thing could blow my mind/Soaking it all up for fun, but now I only soak up wine
- To be Loved – I’ve only heard the first few notes of this song and I was already loving it. Add to that, the song is full of heart-rending one-liners like: I’m as lost now as I was back then/Always make a mess of everything/It’s about time that I face myself/All I do is bleed into someone else/Painting walls with all my secret tears/Filling rooms with all my hopes and fears
You can now stream 30 on Spotify today: