News : Anti-Gay Politician Makes Out With Another Guy at Coachella
(Photo Credits: Screengrab from Facebook)
Is it a case of mistaken identity? Whatever the case is, one’s thing for sure and it’s that what happens in Coachella doesn’t stay in Coachella. We are, of course, talking about this photo of a man snogging another guy at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival that is currently making rounds on the internet prompting public outrage. But not for the reasons you think, mind you.
The man in question is allegedly former GOP Congressman Aaron Schock, 37 years old. He was Republican United States Representative for Illinois’ 18th congressional district from 2009 up until 2015 and, according to netizens, “was one of the most homophobic members of the congress.”
The photo in question is just one among many others that surfaced on the internet. And while some had pointed out that the man was not Aaron Schock or that he did not look like Schock at all, multiple eye-witnesses confirmed that yes, Schock was at Coachella “partying with his gay friends.” Netizens are now calling him out for his consistent record of voting against gay rights, for “restricting the civil rights of the LGBT community” with some labelling him hypocrite. Aaron Schock, they say had, among others:
- voted against the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,”
- voted against adding ‘sexual orientation, gender identity, gender and disability’ to the federal hate crimes laws,
- was anti-marriage equality who voted for the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which only recognizes marriage between a man and a woman. DOMA is a “federal law that denies federal recognition of same-sex marriages and authorizes states to refuse to recognize same-sex marriages licensed in other states.” Read more about DOMA here.
Some of the netizens are asking, “Did Aaron Schock come out?” If he did not, it is not their intention they said, to out him, but they make “obvious exception of when they have made it their mission to make lives harder for people in the LGBTQ community.”
Here is what others on Facebook are saying and we quote:
- So we are going to attack someone who attacks people for same sex relationships over their same sex relationship?… He’s the hypocrite? What the fuck twilight zone did this closet open into?”
- He has been “out” for years by the look of his Instagram account – he’s born again lol
- What hypocrisy? Just because he doesn’t subscribe to the Alphabet soup community? Fuck off
- The guy in these pics looks different
Take a look at what the netizens are saying on Twitter:
“So, Aaron Schock, any comment on your votes against non-discrimination protections for gay people, repealing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, and marriage equality?” : pic.twitter.com/Z6eZ2KVIF7— Paul 🏃 (@paulludwig) April 17, 2019
This Aaron Schock story could be a fantastic part of a case study on just how many blatant attacks on our community white gays are willing to overlook in the name of hooking up with a hot guy with abs— 💜 Violeta 💜 (@will_love235) April 17, 2019
Don’t fuck Aaron Schock— The Gay Burn Book (@SouthernHomo) April 17, 2019
He voted against your rights
Stay away from him #NationalHaikuDay
i would legit join the throngs of gays saying they would shame aaron schock if they saw him in public but i literally would not be able to distinguish him from every other generic homosexual at the gay bar— steven j. horowitz (@speriod) April 17, 2019
Hello. Like Aaron Schock, Pete Buttigieg was also a closeted politician in the early-to-mid 2010s. However, when Indiana tried to pass a bill to allow LGBT discrimination, Buttigieg came out and opposed it. And that’s the tea, sis.— The Gay Burn Book (@SouthernHomo) April 17, 2019
What do you think guys? Is the man on the photos really Aaron Schock? And if so, what are your thoughts on the matter? Sound off in the comments section below!