(Photo Credits: Screengrab from Billboard Music Awards’ YouTube Channel)
The 2022 Billboard Music Awards, which was hosted by Sean “Diddy” Combs and held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, was a fun-filled night. You can check the complete list of winners here, Also, below are our favorite moments from last night’s event:
- Silk Sonic takes us back to the ‘70s with their performance of “Love Train.”
- Mary J. Blige received the Icon award. It was presented by Janet Jackson. Blige said during her acceptance speech:
The way the world is now, I think people think icons are born that way, that they become a legend overnight, but that is definitely not the case. It takes a lot of time, hard work, and a lot of surviving, trial and error, to achieve greatness.
The message of my music has always been that we are not alone in our struggles and I’m not alone now. For so long I was searching for real love, but I finally found my real love — and that real love is me.
- Lil Nas X took home the Top Rap Song award with Jack Harlow for “Industry Baby.”
- K-pop superstars BTS won three out of their seven nominations namely the Top Duo/Group, Top Song Sales Artist, and Top Selling Song for “Butter.”
- Filipino American Olivia Rodrigo garnered the most wins of the night by any artist. She won big by bagging 7 out of her 13 nominations including new artist, top female artist, and top Hot 100 artist. The first time BBMAs nominee also won top Billboard 200 album for “SOUR,” top streaming songs artist, top radio songs artist, and top Billboard Global 200 artist.
- Taylor Swift took home four awards namely: the Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Country Artist, Top Country Female Artist, and Top Country Album award for Red (Taylor’s Version). She now has a total of 29 wins from BBMAs.
- Meanwhile, Justin Bieber won several awards alongside The Kid LAROI for their song “Stay.” Their awards included: Top Hot 100 Song, Top Streaming Song, Top Collaboration, Top Billboard Global 200 Song, and Top Billboard Global (Excl. U.S.) Song.
- Lady Gaga won the “Top Dance/Electronic Artist” at BBMAs. She remains the MOST awarded female artist in this category, winning it four times in 2011, 2012, 2021, and 2022.
- Lastly, click below if you wish to watch the Red Carpet in full:
“Creature Features”? Who is “The Blond?” God-made female or Man-made female? Does that creature have any “Fashion Sense?” And, who is the other “Creature-Feature” who looks like a shroud upon a dead body to hide the means of death? Obviously, they may be :Gay Friendly” but have no “Gay Friends?” Any Gay Friend most certainly would have advised them of what and what not to wear! Where is the “Glamour!” Actually, “The Blond” looks like “Whitney Houston” resurrected for a “Guest Appearance?” And, what a bad “Bleach-job,” too! It reminded me of “The Twilight Zone,” or “Chiller Theater? Perhaps, even… Read more »
It doesn’t get better than having Janet Jackson an ICON and LEGEND presenting to the Queen of Hip Hop Soul Mary J. Blige. What an honor. They both look Amazing