(Photo Credits: Screengrab from Movieclips Classic Trailers’ YouTube Account)
Halloween is just around the corner, guys! And to get you in the spooky spirit, we gathered some of our favorite scary and well, not-scary but rather cutesy Halloween-themed movies of all time but before we do that, we want to ask you what your plans are for this day. Do you have a Halloween party to go to or maybe you are hosting one? Perhaps you prefer to stay in and watch Halloween movies instead in which case you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at our list below:
- Halloween (1979, Carpenter) – tells the story of a mental patient named Michael Myers (Tony Moran) who escapes from the Smith’s Grove sanitarium 15 years after he was committed for murdering his older sister Judith (played by Sandy Johnson) on Halloween night. He returned to his hometown in Haddonfield, Illinois to kill again.
It’s actually a series and our favorites are the ones with Jamie Lee Curtis in it who played the role of Laurie Strode, specifically Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), Halloween: Resurrection (2002), and Halloween (2018). Check the other Halloween trailers here.
- Ghostbusters (1984, Reitman) – all we can say is that it’s not Halloween without this film! Ghostbusters follows the story of the three eccentric parapsychology professors named Dr. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Dr. Raymond Stantz (Dan Aykroyd), and Dr. Egon Spengler (Harold Ramis), who start a paranormal investigation and ghost-catching service in New York City in order to earn money after their grant expires.
The film also stars Sigourney Weaver who played the role of Dana Barrett, Rick Moranis as Louis Tully, Annie Potts as Janine Melnitz, and Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddemore to name a few.
- Ju-On: the Grudge (2002, Shimizu) – in this Japanese film, everyone who has ever set foot or lived in this particular house gets murdered or disappears. It stars Megumi Okina, Misaki Itô, Misa Uehara, and Chikako Isomura to name a few.
- Hocus Pocus (1993, Ortega) – this film tells the story of a teenage boy named Max Dennison (Omri Katz) who moves to Salem, Massachusetts and inadvertently resurrected three evil witches, the Sanderson sisters—played by Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jessica Parker—on Halloween night.
Rumor has it that Hocus Pocus 2 is currently in development.
- The Conjuring (2013, Wan)– set in 1971, the film follows the story of Ed and Lorraine Warren (played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga respectively) who are paranormal investigators and authors, as they take on the case of Perron family whose farmhouse in Rhode Island is seemingly haunted by a malevolent spirit.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984, Wes Craven) – in the town of Springwood, Ohio, a vengeful ghost is invading and killing teens in their dreams thereby killing them in real life. A Nightmare on Elm Street stars Heather Langenkamp, John Saxon, Ronee Blakley, Amanda Wyss, Robert Englund as Fred Krueger, and Johnny Depp.