Bisexual+ Awareness Week 2023 is underway, guys!
This week-long annual celebration started on the 16th of September and will culminate in Celebrate Bisexuality+ Day on September 23. Bisexual+ Awareness Week raises awareness about bisexuality, promotes understanding, and celebrates the bisexual community. The event highlights the history and resilience of the bisexual+ community and serves as a platform for education, advocacy, and support for individuals who identify as bisexual, as well as those who are questioning their sexual orientation. According to GLAAD, co-founder of #BiWeek, we observe this occasion to “accelerate acceptance of the bi+ (bisexual, pansexual, fluid, no label, queer, etc.) community.”
In honor of Bisexual+ Awareness Week, we present to you some of the hottest bisexual celebrities of today. Please feel free to share your favorite bisexual celebrities whom we missed in the comments section below.
- Angelina Jolie – the American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian, has openly discussed her bisexuality in the past. She has been known to be candid about her sexual orientation in interviews and public statements. Previously, she admitted in an interview with OK, Magazine:
“I have loved women in the past and slept with them. I think if you love and want to pleasure a woman, particularly if you are a woman yourself, then certainly you know how to do things a certain way.”
- Frank Ocean – the American singer, songwriter, and record producer, has publicly discussed his bisexuality. In 2012, Frank Ocean posted an open letter on his Tumblr page in which he revealed that he had experienced romantic feelings for both men and women. This letter was a significant moment for him and for the music industry, as it made him one of the first prominent artists in the hip-hop and R&B genre to openly discuss his non-heterosexual orientation. He said:
4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Every day almost, and on the day we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I’d see him, and his smile. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless.” He added, “I feel like a free man. If I listen closely… I can hear the sky falling too.
You can read the full story here
- Kit Connor – The 19-year-old heartthrob famous for his role as Nick Nelson in the Netflix series Heartstopper, was forced to come out as bisexual on Twitter in October 2022 after being accused of queer baiting. He wrote on a post: “back for a minute. i’m bi. congrats for forcing an 18 year old to out himself. i think some of you missed the point of the show. Bye.”
- Lili Reinhart – the Riverdale star came out as bisexual on her Instagram story in 2020. She said: “Although I’ve never announced it publicly before, I am a proud bisexual woman.”
- Jason Mraz – he came out as bisexual through a love letter to the LGBTQ community which he ended with:
We still have a long way to go
I am bi your side.
In another interview with Billboard, Mraz confirmed his attraction to both genders. He confessed:
“Honestly, I didn’t realize [the letter] was going to be so telling. But I’ve had experiences with men, even while I was dating the woman who became my wife. It was like, ‘Wow, does that mean I am gay?'” He added, “And my wife laid it out for me. She calls it ‘two spirit,’ which is what the Native Americans call someone who can love both man and woman. I really like that.”