Are you a ‘grower’ or a ‘shower,’ guys? What do you think is the difference between the two and do you think it matters?
First off, a “grower” reportedly refers to “a man whose phallus expands significantly in length from the flaccid to the erect state” while a “shower” on the other hand, is a “man whose phallus does not demonstrate such expansion.” This simply means that a grower is a man whose penis becomes longer during his state of arousal while a shower is a man whose penis does not significantly lengthen when erect as compared to their flaccid state.
Apparently, knowing and understanding the difference between the two is important and could be used when making surgical decisions. In fact, Spanish urologists conducted a study to determine whether most men are “growers” or “showers by taking penile ultrasound scans on 225 men in both their flaccid and erect states. The findings of their study were presented earlier this month at the European Association of Urology Congress in Milan, Italy. The researchers were led by Dr. Manuel Alonso-Isa, a urologist at the University Hospital HM Puerta del Sur in Madrid, Spain.
Dr. Alonso-Isa said, “It is important to be able to predict if a patient is a grower or a shower as when we see them, they are usually in a flaccid state.” He added, “If they grow a lot when they get an erection, it might mean they need a different surgical approach compared to someone who doesn’t grow much.”
Here are some of the researchers’ findings:
- erection growth can be categorized into three — grower, shower, and the “grey zone”
- you’re a grower if your penis is at least 56% larger from flaccid to erect
- showers are those whose penis is less than 31% larger when hard
- the average penis is 42% larger when erect than it is when it’s flaccid
- results of the ultrasound scans showed that 24% of men are growers while 25% are showers
- Meanwhile, 51% of the respondents fell into the “grey zone” or are in between the two categories
- showers tended to have longer penises when flaccid, they measure at an average of 11.3 centimeters or 4.44 inches
- growers had smaller flaccid penises compared to showers at 8.8 cm or 3.46 inches
- the study “found no correlations between age, weight, smoking status or other co-morbidities, and penis growth.”
Are you a grower or a shower, guys? Share with us your thoughts and stories in the comments section below!
Personally, I think that apart from medical purposes, whether you’re one or the other, it doesn’t matter. The size of a man’s penis had nothing to do with their ability to perform sexually or their ability to sexually satisfy their partner and most definitely, penis size has nothing to do with one’s masculinity.