Who, for you, are the 10 most handsome men in the world, guys? More importantly, what do you think makes a man handsome, do you have criteria when choosing one?
A United Kingdom-based plastic surgeon named Dr. Julian De Silva had just released his list of the most handsome men in Hollywood in 2023. Dr. De Silva, who runs the Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery in London, says the men on the list were analyzed “according to science.”
This means that in order to come up with his list, Dr. De Silva used the Greek Golden Ratio of Beauty and facial mapping techniques to analyze faces. Also known as Phi, or the Fibonacci number, the Golden Ratio of Beauty is reportedly “the mathematical symmetry algorithm that underlies our perception of attractiveness.” Read the article in full here.
The Italian polymath of the High Renaissance, Leonardo Da Vinci, is said to have painted Mona Lisa—the most famous painting in the world—using the golden ratio. Read more about this here and here or you can read Dr. De Silva’s explanation on the golden ratio below:
Having said all that, here is Dr. De Silva’s list of the most handsome men in Hollywood in 2023:
- Regé-Jean Page – the 34-year-old British actor tops the list with a Golden Ratio Rating of 93.65%. Page is best known for his breakout role as Simon Basset, the Duke of Hastings, in the first season of the award-winning show Netflix drama set during the Regency era in England Bridgerton (2020).
- Chris Hemsworth – comes as a close second with a Golden Ratio Rating of 93.53%. The 39-year-old Australian actor rose to prominence by playing the role of Thor in Marvel’s Thor franchise.
- Michael B. Jordan – is third on the list with a Golden Ratio Rating of 93.46%. the American actor starred in films like the 2013 American biographical drama film Fruitvale Station where he played the role of a shooting victim named Oscar Grant, boxer Adonis Creed in Creed (2015), and the supervillain Erik Killmonger in Black Panther (2018).
- Harry Styles – the 28-year-old English singer and songwriter has a Golden Ratio Rating of 92.30% and is fourth on the list. His musical career, which spans over a decade, began in 2010 when he competed on the British music competition series The X Factor. He then became a member of One Direction.
Harry Styles scored an almost perfect 99.7 percent for his chin, according to Dr. De Silva. “He was second highest for his eye spacing. It is no surprise that he is fast becoming a movie heartthrob as well as a singing superstar.”
- Jude Bellingham—this 19-year-old English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and the England national team comes in fifth with a Golden Ratio Rating of 92.22%.
- Robert Pattinson – the 36-year-old English actor comes in sixth on the list with a 92.15% Golden Ratio Rating. He starred in movies like Twilight (2008) where he played the role of Edward Cullen, Tenet (2020), and The Batman (2022) where he played the role of Bruce Wayne, to name a few.
Dr. De Silva described Pattinson as someone who has “classically shaped features and ‘wonderful chiseled jaw.’” He added, “His only score below average was for his lips, which are a little thing and flat.”
- Chris Evans – the 41-year-old is seventh on the list with a 91.90% Golden Ratio Rating. The American actor was named People magazine’s sexiest man alive in 2022 and is best known for his role as Steve Rogers in the Captain America franchise.
Dr. Silva said of Evans, “The Captain America star really has those classic chiseled Hollywood leading man looks, which scored highly with eye positioning and the near perfect harmony of his facial outline.”
- George Clooney – the 61-year-old actor and filmmaker is ranked eighth with an 89.91% Golden Ratio Rating. Clooney was named People magazine’s “sexiest man alive” twice—in 1997, and in 2006. He once played the role of Bruce Wayne in Joel Schumacher’s Batman and Robin (1997).
- Henry Golding – the 35-year-old leading man of the 2018 American romantic comedy-drama film Crazy Rich Asians is ranked ninth on the list with an 87.98% Golden Ratio Rating. He has, since his movie debut, worked on films like Last Christmas (2019), Snake Eyes (2021), and Persuasion (2022).
Dr. De Silva said: “The Malaysian-British actor and presenter scored highly for his chin shape and eye spacing but was marked down by the shapes of his nose and face.”
- Dwayne Johnson – the 50-year-old American actor and former professional wrestler Asians is ranked tenth on the list with an 86.07% Golden Ratio Rating. Also known as the Rock, the actor starred in a number of films like Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017), Skyscraper (2018), and very recently: Black Adams (2022).
“The Rock is the second oldest man on the list after George Clooney and he is ageing brilliantly. He scored well for the shape of his lips and the gap between his lips and his nose,” Dr. De Silva said. “He had the lowest score in the top ten for his nose which was a little wider than the others.”