Dating: What Dating Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self?
They say hindsight is 20/20 and that is fine. We can’t change the past but at least, we know better now and because of this, we can change the way we feel, think, and the way we’ll navigate our future relationships. Right?
That being said, if you knew then what you know now, what dating advice do you wish you could give to your younger self? We lurked the internet and here is what others had to say about the topic:
- Never let your insecurities jeopardize your relationship.
- Stop trying so hard.
- Just let your relationship develop naturally.
- Keep expectations practical and real.
- Nobody is perfect and everyone has a flaw. The key is to love them in spite of their imperfections.
- Run the other way if they are gaslighting you, using you, or abusing you physically and emotionally.
- Support and encourage each other in every way possible (emotionally, career-wise, etc.).
- Give each other space and respect it.
- Patience, trust, and communication are very important. Listen to him, REALLY listen. Conversely, you need to speak out also instead of keeping your feelings bottled up. But in a nice way, you know, which means no shouting.
- Love yourself first.
- Respect him.
- You can’t change anyone.
- Forgive him.
- The first 20 guys will break your heart. Not exactly 20, but you know what we mean.
- Focus on enjoying the present. Some guys, they say, are too caught up with what could potentially go wrong in their relationship or with something that may or may not happen in the future that they become unhappy in the end.
And here is mine: Be yourself, don’t try to impress him. And be kind to yourself. How about you, guys? What dating advice would you give your younger self and why? Share with us your thoughts and dating stories in the comments section below.